Monday, May 18, 2009

Feed Reflection

If I had a cool camera and a little more time I would have wanted to do a cool video, but since I didn’t and I kinda procrastinated I decided to do a collage. I tried to think of a way to do a collage that was more original, so if you didn’t notice my collage spells out FEED. To fill my feed, I flipped through magazines looking for different advertisements and other stuff, like electronics, the target logo cause I love target (I mean really who doesn’t), Madea cause Tyler Perry cracks me up, and some of my favorite shows like The Office and 30 rock. My collage also has an arrow on the bottom that says in and out because Ashley is always doggin' on the Macs and you know what PCs stand for Piece of Crap, so I just felt like putting that in there. I think my collage shows one of the main things American culture and feed is based on, consumerism. All those ads and technology on my collage are some examples of the things people by everyday, and most of those things we don’t need. And although consumerism is a big part of American culture I think people shouldn’t rely on the media and technology as much and try to resist it. Personally, the media and consumerism affect me and I don’t even know it, like some people are addicted to there technology, and can’t live without their phones and can text with their eyes closed with one hand tied behind their back. And that makes me think man I’m glad I’m not that crazy, when I actually want texting and an ipod. And I think in a way we mold technology because like in feed they advertise things that they think people will like based on things that were previously bought.

I definitely think there is a moral to Feed that Anderson is trying to get across. The moral is we need to stop consuming and responding to the media the way we are or we will end up like feed, brain dead idiots run by the government. He conveys this moral through the characters and how stupid they act compared to Violet. In this story, I think people are nothing with the feed because all people really do is shop, they shop while there talking to there friends they can shop when there just sitting there they can even shop while there sleeping. But if I had to choose to have a Feed in that story, I most likely would because it would be a lot easier.

At the end of the book when Titus is sad and a jeans advertisement pops up in his head and says “Every thing must go… Every thing must go”. I think this could have meant 1. That they really needed to get rid of the jeans 2. Violet was dead and was going and 3. The world that they live in needs to be fixed and the feeds really need to go. Yeah I definitely think it’s the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment