Monday, May 4, 2009

Visual Essay

The theme that I chose for my visual essay is consumerism. The world is built off consumerism, the best things in life are free yeah right tell that to MTV cribs. The pictures I chose for this theme represent how America has become the land of consumption, I mean its crazy, the things that are sold and even more crazy the things we buy. The picture of the American flag shows that consumerism has basically taken over America, at this rate were going to be like feed and instead of learning history or the "dead" languages, we'll be learning how to shop. I think the picture that best represents Feed is the one with the guy and all those ads around his head, its like Feed but instead of the ads on the outside of his head they would be on the inside, and this picture shows the craziness of the world. There are may themes in Feed that connect and relate to consumerism like, media, technology, individuality, ect. And I think reading this book has made me really think of how consumerism effects us. Before when I thought of consumerism I just thought yeah whatever we buy a lot of crap that we don't need, but if the world was to end up like Feed then wow we would have bigger problems. Even though I'm still going to buy things I don't really need I'll probably just by less of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment